Finally, Ford India will launch the New Figo facelift on March 15, 2019. Ford Endeavour and Aspire recently received the worthy updates and the most deserving Figo was the only car remaining in Ford India’s portfolio to receive a facelift. But, with the facelift, the new Figo now can stack against the feature-rich contenders.
On the outside, the new Figo facelift gets revised headlamps and a front chrome grill with front fog lamp bezels surrounded by chrome. In contrast, the Titanium BLU edition gets an absolute black grill and ORVMs.
2019 Ford Figo Facelift Specifications –
Engine and Transmission –
New Ford Figo will be available with two petrol and one diesel engine options. Petrol motor is the same 1.2L three-cylinder Ti-VCT motor which does its duty on the Ford Freestyle and Aspire. It churns out 96 PS of power and 150Nm of torque. meanwhile, diesel is the all-time favourite 1.5L TDCi motor which churns out 100 PS of power and 215 Nm of torque. Both these engines use a similar 5-speed manual transmission. Most importantly, Ford has also introduced the engine and transmission combo derived from the Ecosport. It is a 1.5L three-cylinder Ti-VCT motor which churns 123PS of power and 150Nm of torque. A 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission is paired to this motor.
Wheels and Tyres –
The new Figo facelift gets 14-inch 5.5J steel wheels with 175/65R14 stock tyre size on base ambiente variant. Likewise, Titanium trim gets alloy wheels in the same size. However, Titanium BLU variant gets 15-inch 6J alloys with 195/55R15 section tyres.
New Ford Figo Dimensions and Features –
- Length – 3941 mm
- Width – 1704 mm
- Height – 1525 mm
- Wheelbase – 2490 mm
New Ford Figo is 55 mm longer, 9 mm wider and same in height as compared to the pre-facelift next-gen Figo. However, wheelbase is identical to Ford Aspire and Freestyle.
Standard Safety Features –
- ABS with EBD, dual front airbags and seatbelt reminder for driver and front passenger
- Rear parking sensors
- Speed sensing auto door lock at 15km/h
- Door ajar(slightly open) warning
- Rear fog lamp
Additional Safety Features –
- Electronic stability program, traction control and hill-launch assist are available with automatic transmission option
- Side and curtain airbags on Titanium BLU variant
- Rear view camera
- Adjustable rear seat head restraints
Convenience Features –
- 7-inch FLYAUDIO infotainment system with an embedded navigation system
- Keyless entry and push-button start
- Power folding ORVMs with electric adjustments
- Steering wheel mounted audio control
- Automatic climate control
- Rear defogger
- Height adjustable driver seat
- Rain-sensing wipers, Auto-headlamps and leather-wrapped steering wheel
New Ford Figo 2019 Mileage –
New Ford Figo facelift offers two petrol and one diesel engine options.
- Petrol 1.5L automatic mileage – 16.3 kmpl
- Petrol 1.2L manual mileage – 20.4 kmpl
- Diesel 1.5L mileage – 25.6 kmpl
What is lacking in the New Figo Facelift?
- The absence of SYNC 3 infotainment system
- Further, the absence of Ford My-Key which was available in the previous generation car
- No ISOFIX child seat mounts
- Above all, you can not have automatic transmission and side and curtain airbags together
Meanwhile, you can check out the difference between Ford Figo Titanium and Ford Figo BLU.
New Figo Facelift Price –
To sum up, Ford India is likely to launch the Figo facelift at a very competitive price. The price will start from INR 5 lakh. 2019 New Figo facelift will take against the Maruti Suzuki Swift, Hyundai Grand i-10 and Volkswagen Polo.