E-trio is a startup company based in Telangana working on Electric Vehicles(EV) development. Their innovation now gets the green signal from ARAI with the approval of retrofitted electric Maruti Alto and electric Wagon R. E-trio is now ready to launch Maruti Alto electric and Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R electric.
E-trio retrofits the electric motor and battery in cars. These electric components are sourced from China and Korea while the controller unit is developed by the company itself. E-trio will enter the market with the capacity of rolling out 1000 cars per month. The company has been testing the prototype cars for the past two years and recently got the approval from the ARAI. E-trio is aiming to roll out at least 5000 cars in the next year.
Maruti Alto Electric Specifications:
- Range – 150 km on a single charge
- Battery life – 3000 cycles
- Charging time – Normal charging( 5 hours), Fast charging (1 hour)
- Top Speed – 80 km/ hr
- Acceleration – 0-60 kmph in 5 seconds
With 100 km of a daily commute, the savings can be around Rs. 12000/- as compared to a petrol car while Rs. 10500/- as compared to a diesel car. Moreover, one will also save on the maintenance cost.
E-trio is working with a motive to make India pollution free by introducing eco-friendly, efficient and economical vehicles. They also aim to help the Government of India in accomplishing their mission of 100% electric vehicles by 2030.
E-trio has multiple technologies which are efficient.
- Advanced AC induction motors with a rating range of 10 kW to 30 kW
- High-performance lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries
- Intelligent controller to control speed and torque of motors
- Digital instrument cluster which provides information such as charge, voltage, current and performance
- Telematics for remote diagnostics of the vehicles.
To sum up, it is a great initiative by E-Trio and a change aiming the better future. However, the range is quite low and it will work only for daily city commutes. Also, we do not know if the claimed range is tested with essential electricals on or off such as Air-conditioning, headlights etc.