Hyundai has announced the launch of its new Hyundai Venue compact SUV in India. It will be the first compact SUV coming out from the Hyundai India’s production facility. Hyundai refers to it as the ‘Connected SUV’ and targets millennial consumers with the Venue (QXI).
Compact SUV segment of India is very competitive where the new contender Venue from the Hyundai falls in. Dominated by Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the compact SUV segment holds its market share of 12.5% in total monthly car sales. Ford Ecosport, Tata Nexon & Mahindra XUV300 combined hold 50% of the market share while the Maruti Brezza alone holds 50% market share in the compact SUV segment. However, with the introduction of the new Hyundai Venue, the sales-statistics will show its significant impact.
Features of Hyundai Blue Link App –
The most attractive and impressive factor of the new Hyundai Venue is the ‘Connected Car Technology’. Total of 33 Safety, convenience and vehicle management features are available with the Hyundai Blue Link wherein 10 features are India-specific. Hyundai Blue Link uses a built-in Vodafone eSIM to stay connected to the internet independently. Moreover, it comes with a cloud-based voice recognition system which can detect English accents from across the country. Further, the system provides real-time traffic navigation.
Safety features on offer with the Hyundai Blue Link are Auto Crash Notification, SOS/Emergency Assistance, Roadside Assistance and Panic Notification. The SOS, Road Side Assistance and Blue Link button are on the Inside Rear View Mirror (IRVM) for easy accessibility.
Security features include vehicle theft tracking and immobilization for the recovery of a stolen vehicle.
India-specific Features of Hyundai Blue Link App –
- The Speed Alert – The owner can set the speed limit to get notified about the overspeeding of the vehicle.
- Geo-Fence Alert – The owner gets notified once the car crosses the pre-defined range.
- Share Destination – This feature lets you share your destination where you are heading to.
- Share location with your friends and family – As it suggests, you can share your location with your loved-once.
- Live Car Tracking – This feature allows you to track the location of your car in real-time.
- Driver Behaviour Information – You can keep the track of the driver inputs like times brakes applied, total distance covered, the location of the break and the duration, speed, sharp steering inputs, etc
- Idle alert – If the owner forgets to switch off the ignition and if the car remains idle for a certain amount of time, the owner gets notified about the situation.
- Valet Alert – Valet mode turns on the Geo-Fence simultaneously and notifies the owner if the car crosses the virtual fence.
- Time Fence – Owner can predefine the mobility time of the car which notifies the owner in case the time-limit exceeds.
- Server Voice Recognition – This features works on the cloud-based voice recognition which can detect the inputs of accents from across the country.
Hyundai Venue Specifications –
On launch, the new Hyundai Venue will offer three engine options which include two petrol and one diesel. Between the two petrol engines, one is a 1.0 litre, a three-cylinder turbocharged motor which churns out 102 PS and 172 Nm of torque while the other is a 1.4-litre, four-cylinder motor which churns similar power but 40 Nm lesser torque. Diesel is the same 1.4-litre diesel motor which does its duty on the Hyundai’s Creta, Verna and the Elite i20. It is a good move from Hyundai to offer a turbo-petrol motor in its new compact SUV.
Above all, Hyundai will offer a new 7-speed dual clutch transmission option with the 1.0 L turbo-petrol variant of the upcoming Hyundai Venue. While the 6-speed manual transmission will be standard on both the petrol and the diesel variants.
Also, the unladen ground clearance of the new Hyundai Venue is 200mm while the boot space is 360 litre.
New Hyundai Venue Mileage (expected) –
- 1.0-litre Petrol – 16kmpl
- 1.4-litre Petrol – 18kmpl
- 1.4-litre Diesel – 22kmpl
Hyundai Venue will offer the mileage of 22kmpl with the diesel engine option. However, it is an expected figure and the real values can only be known once it is launched.
Hyundai Venue Features –
- 8-inch infotainment system
- Android Auto & Apple Carplay
- Hyundai BluLink App
- Keyless entry and push-button start
- Electric sunroof
- Ventilated seats
- Wireless charging pad
- Automatic climate control
- Cruise control
Safety Features –
- ABS with EBD and front two SRS airbags as standard
- Electronic stability program
- Hill descent
- Six airbags on the SX(O) top trim
- Certainly, do not forget the significance of the Hyundai BluLink technology to aid in an emergency situation
New Hyundai Venue Exterior –
Hyundai has always been making beautiful looking cars and there is no step back this time too. Certainly, the upcoming compact SUV Hyundai Venue is a well proportioned sharp looking car to compete against the fresh Mahindra XUV300, Maruti Brezza and Ford Ecosport.
The front end gets a beautifully shaped split headlamp design containing projector headlights and LED DRLs. Also, it gets Hyundai’s big signature grill with too much chrome on it. Side profile of the new Hyundai Venue appears to be the downsized Creta. It gets roof rails, straight shoulder line and 16-inch diamond cut alloy wheels wrapped with 215/60R16 tyres. Meanwhile, the design of the rear-end is simpler and purposeful. Also, a shark-fin antenna is mounted on the roof. It will be available in 7 colour shades – Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Marina Blue, Passion Orange, Fiery Red, Stardust and Phantom Black. Also, it will be offered with contrast coloured roof options.
Hyundai Venue Interior –
As is the case always, Hyundai always has its hand upper in the interior department. Certainly, the fit, finish, look and feel from the interior design is a refined experience. Hyundai Venue gets an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, wireless charging pad and premium leather-wrapped steering wheel. Moreover, it gets centre armrest at the front and the rear.
Also, the Venue offers head restraint for the middle occupant of the rear seat and all three head restraints are height adjustable.
Hyundai Venue Variants [E, S, SX, SX(O)] & Price –
New Hyundai Venue will be available in four variants – E, S, SX and SX(O). Price of the base model Hyundai Venue E petrol will start from INR 8 Lakh while the top trim SX(O) diesel will cost around INR 12 Lakh.
New Hyundai Venue Launch Date –
Finally, Hyundai is all set for the global unveiling of its new compact SUV Venue on April 17. Even more, Hyundai will globally unveil it from India.
New Hyundai Venue Images –